Skip to main content

True Joy!

I can hear the sound of the drums and the trumpet approaching me that day. It was the day that the boy scouts paraded down the street next t0 the town hall where I worked. Everyone wanted to see the parade. Hundreds of boys were camping somewhere nearby and they were parading down the streets in their own order. The music was pulsating. I felt the vibrations of the drum roll as the boys marched closer. I felt like jumping and dancing. Something was happening. It was as if I was getting happier and happier with such amazing sounds. It was like heaven on earth. They were playing one of the local songs, a calypso. It was so sweet that I felt like jumping but I restrained myself. The happiness I felt was contagious. Everyone was excited, but as the trumpet blast and drum rolls passed me, so did the happy feeling. Just like that a momentary feeling of euphora all gone.
The joy of the Lord is important. Like the beautiful music I heard there are many things that give joy but joy gained from external pleasure and circumstances is temporary. You will be happy for a while, but real joy is not circumstantial. It is the quality and state of being that stays with you no matter what and that state of being can only be given by God Himself. He is our helper, our keeper, our guide and redeemer. He promises to give us a joy that this world cannot give neither take away. So pray a silent prayer to Him. Ask God to fill you with His joy and as you keep rejoicing in His presence, no battle will be too difficult for you. He loves you and will take care of you. You are a winner in Him.
THE JOY OF THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Count Your Blessings!!

Count your many blessings see what God has done! As the year closes we may be tempted to think of the negative things that might have taken place in our lives. Let me encourage you that before you go off on a negative rant, think of all the good things that has happened to you in spite of. Take on a new attitude, call it an "in spite of -I am grateful attitude." I am Blessed! Whatever it maybe, you have made it to the end of 2011 and now ready for 2012. You have more mountains to climb and more valleys to walk through. You are not getting weaker but in Christ growing stronger. You are not just going to be a conqueror, you are, according to God's word, "more than a conqueror." The fact that you are alive makes you a candidate for God's blessing. So today "count your blessings" and as the song says, "name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done." You are blessed, so be a blessing to someone. Have a Happy and Bl...

What will you say!

Joseph said, I will not do this thing and sin against my God Caleb said, give me  this mountain for at 80 years I am as strong as I was 40 years ago Elisha said, they that are for us are more than they that are for them Nehemiah said, I am doing a good work and I cannot come down Esther said, if I perish I perish but I am going to see the king Job said, though He slay me yet will I trust Him David said, you come with a sword and a spear but I come to you in the name of the Lord Daniel said, the God whom I serve will deliver me out of the mouth of the lion The Hebrew boys said, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us out of the fiery furnace Paul said, I do not count my life dear unto myself Justin Martyr said, 80 and 6 years I have served the Lord and yet He has not failed me, I will not deny Him When hard times come what will you say ?

There's An Angel Watching Over You!

One day my family and I had set out on a journey to visit a relative in the country area. The roads were steep and precipitous and this was the first time we were driving this truck because we borrowed it from a friend. We were going around the winding roads, then suddenly the truck spun around and somersaulted and turned toward a precipice, everything was out of control. The only one that could help was God himself. Immediately instinct came in and I shouted "Jesus". The truck stopped. What happened next was only short of a miracle. A peace filled the truck at that moment before stopping. There was no fear. When we stopped human nature took over, my knees were buckling when I looked down and saw what I was facing. The front of the truck stopped at the edge of the precipice. There was only a bit of dirt between our tires and the edge of the precipice. Death might of been certain, but it was not time for us. His angels were surely there, my cry to Him for help was heard. He wi...