Skip to main content

My meditation of Him shall be sweet!

This is the declaration of the Psalmist David as he spoke of the Lord's greatness. He blessed the Lord and ascribed greatness to Him. He exponded on His majesty and honor, His splendid nature and faithfulness to His creation. He then declared that He would sing praise to God as long as he lives. He says that his meditation of God will be sweet and that he will be glad in the
Lord.

Meditation

God has called all us to live and enjoy His abundant life. One of the tools that God has given us to preserve and practice the abundant life is meditation. As in natural, so in the spiritual, the right foods when eaten sustains us physically, so the right spiritual conditioning will strengthen us spiritually, guaranteeing our spiritual success.

The art of meditation calls for discipline. It is a setting apart of oneself to get close to God. Someone said whatever you pay attention to will grow. My time spent with God causes my relationship with him to grow. I will have greater awareness and knowledge of Him.

What does the word meditation mean?

To meditate has many meanings. It means to plot,, to muse, ponder, reflect, devote, think about.

Subjects of my meditation

For meditation to be successful we should know who or what to meditate on. We should meditate on God's greatness, His word and His works.

When should I meditate

Anytime and anywhere, but it is better in a quiet secluded place, or in place where you can enjoy nature.

Results

In pslam 1:2-3 and Joshua 1:8-9 realize that our prosperity in life and the key to living the abundant life is directly related to meditation on God's word. So us let not forget to set aside time daily to meditate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Count Your Blessings!!

Count your many blessings see what God has done! As the year closes we may be tempted to think of the negative things that might have taken place in our lives. Let me encourage you that before you go off on a negative rant, think of all the good things that has happened to you in spite of. Take on a new attitude, call it an "in spite of -I am grateful attitude." I am Blessed! Whatever it maybe, you have made it to the end of 2011 and now ready for 2012. You have more mountains to climb and more valleys to walk through. You are not getting weaker but in Christ growing stronger. You are not just going to be a conqueror, you are, according to God's word, "more than a conqueror." The fact that you are alive makes you a candidate for God's blessing. So today "count your blessings" and as the song says, "name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done." You are blessed, so be a blessing to someone. Have a Happy and Bl...

What will you say!

Joseph said, I will not do this thing and sin against my God Caleb said, give me  this mountain for at 80 years I am as strong as I was 40 years ago Elisha said, they that are for us are more than they that are for them Nehemiah said, I am doing a good work and I cannot come down Esther said, if I perish I perish but I am going to see the king Job said, though He slay me yet will I trust Him David said, you come with a sword and a spear but I come to you in the name of the Lord Daniel said, the God whom I serve will deliver me out of the mouth of the lion The Hebrew boys said, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us out of the fiery furnace Paul said, I do not count my life dear unto myself Justin Martyr said, 80 and 6 years I have served the Lord and yet He has not failed me, I will not deny Him When hard times come what will you say ?

The Joy of Living a Surrendered Life!

In the book Imitation of Christ, Thomas A' kem pis says "it is great wisdom and perfection to think nothing of ourse lves ." Jesus Himself says "if you want to be great in my kingdom you must become a servant of all."  In another place He said that we must become like child ren in our faith and attitude. I D ie Daily The idea of dying daily is that I must daily put my ego in su bjection to God 's authority.  Th at part of me that loves to be seen, heard and recognized must be put in submission .  God must rule my heart.  My ac tions and de sires must be generat ed and controlled b y the need to be a blessing to others.  I must be a so urce of encouragement a nd l ight. A More Excellent Wa y   An ego-less life is a life in whi ch I am free to perf orm more excellently.  As I live a life surrendered to God, I become f ree from the burden of trying to impress others to find my self worth , I am complete in Him.  I now seek to excel to be ...